Pink eye, technically known as Conjunctivitis, is one of the most common problems that eyes face. Children are most prone to it as it is highly contagious and spreads rapidly in schools. Pink eye is the infection of the conjunctiva which is present on the white part of your eyes near the eyelids. To treat it, you need to understand its causes and diagnostic symptoms first.
A number of factors, some of which are discussed below, causes pink eye.
Sometimes losing your glasses is a temporary concern, whereas other times it is a costly problem. Here are a few ways that can help you reduce the risk of losing your favorite pair of glasses.
1. The simple and old school lanyard--This device is a string, usually made of cloth or rubber, that attaches to the back of your glasses and around the back of your head. Though not always fashionable, it is effective, especially when involved in activities. The lanyard will keep your glasses upright and held into position.
2. Designate a glasses location--By having a specific area where you keep your glasses, either in your home or your vehicle, you reduce the risk of losing them. Whenever you do happen to set your glasses down, make sure it is in one of these designated locations.
3. Use a case--Keeping your glasses in a case is always a great way to keep them protected. Not only does it keep them safe, but it also makes them easier to find. Most of the time when someone loses their glasses they tend to be hard to spot. However, when they are safely nestled in a case, finding them becomes easier.
4. Purchase an eye glass holder--These are pouches where you set your eye glasses. This pouch can be placed wherever you deem fit. You can have multiple set of pouches or just use one, either way, your glasses will be much easier to locate so long as you consistently place them in each pouch. You can find an example of one of these pouches here: https://www.amazon.com/Holdie-Eyeglass-Holder-Eyeglasses-Money-Back/dp/B00XZRVOUA?th=1
5. Make sure you can find your spare! --Although it is well known that you should have a spare pair, you must make sure that this pair is also easy to find! Many times when you lose your pair of glasses it can be hard to find, mostly because you cannot see as well. By having a designated location for your spare pair of glasses, this would be your go-to place as soon as you lose your main pair.
Written By: Tariq F.